Weight loss weight gain is a complicated phenomenon and I am no exception. I am also experiencing slow weight gain with my age without making any obvious changes in my eating habits or lifestyle. Being a health professional I think I should know better what to do to avoid weight gain so I did some more research and this is what I came up with. The following 7 science and evidence-based tips are serving me and will serve you as a guide for tapping into your weight loss journey without having to diet.
Tip #1: Start your morning with a cup of fresh green tea or fresh lemon water!
Green tea can burn fat by boosting a hormone (Norepinephrine), using fat for energy. It’s also full of antioxidants and is a great way to start the day off by reducing stress. Alternatively, plain fresh lemon water can also be a healthy morning ritual to give a boost to your metabolism.
Tip #2:Understand your resting metabolic needs!
Negative energy balance (eating less than your body needs) is essential to promoting weight loss. Your daily calorie intake must be calculated and customized to your weight loss and maintenance needs. Your food intake should be around your daily estimated caloric needs to promote weight loss.
Tip #3:Focus on whole foods, primarily plant-based!
Whole foods from all food groups may contribute to weight loss if consumed healthily by limiting added sugars, salt, and fats. The fiber in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, beans, and legumes will keep you fuller longer and less likely to snack.
Tip #4: Understand and eliminate the root cause of overeating!
The leading cause of obesity or being overweight is eating more than your body needs. Overeating is often caused by emotions (happy or sad) and a lack of mindfulness (distracted eating or overestimated portions). Be mindful of your eating habits.
Tip #5:Understand your health conditions and medication related to weight gain!
An underactive thyroid, inactive lifestyle, and certain medications like steroids, oral contraceptives, and insulin can change your metabolism and cause weight gain. These conditions can make the weight loss process challenging but not necessarily impossible.
Tip #6:Be flexible and be aware of the food you eat, including portion control!
Understand the nature of food you are about to consume. Be mindful about making healthy choices and portion control according to your body needs.
Tip #7: Weigh yourself daily and follow a healthy lifestyle!
Studies show that weighing yourself every morning when you wake up can keep your mind on your weight status and influence your daily choices. Staying active, avoiding smoking, and not drinking too much alcohol all support healthy weight loss. Aim for 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity each day as tolerated.
Check out our 7-days weight loss smeal plan here
Our weight loss meal plan is designed based on the following science- and evidence-based dietary patterns:
- Carb-consistent with the right balance of healthy carbohydrates, protein, and fat to promote healthy weight and a healthy blood sugar level.
- Meet national dietary regulatory standards to ensure adequate nutrition for optimal health.
- Nutrient distribution is approximately 50 -60% healthy carbohydrates, 15- 20% protein, and 25-30% healthy fats with less than 10% saturated fat, no more than 300 mg cholesterol, 2300 mg sodium, and no trans-fats.
- Provides about 25-30-grams of total dietary fiber with the use of whole grains, whole fruits and vegetables, and no more than 10% added sugars.
- Built with healthy foods and recipes that follow some unique food combination principles for optimum health.
- Use a variety of herbs and spices to enhance the flavor and the therapeutic value of the food to promote overall health and wellness.
- Provide a world of taste and flavor with dietary diversity.
- Comes with various calorie levels: 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, and 2000 to choose from.
- Based on vegetarian meals (Lacto-Ovo), seasonal, and future 50 foods for better health, a better planet, and better value.
Our Weight Loss Meal Plan Standards:
Our weight loss meal plan comes with:
- Various calorie levels, substitution lists, grocery lists, built-in simple recipes, and a *free 30-minute consultation on how to use the menu.
- Three meals and one snack. You can fit those meals and snacks based on your daily routine.
- Our meal plans are built based on a simple home-cooked dinner and the use of leftovers for lunch the next day. Meal prep tips are given when needed for your convenience.
- Colored underlined food items come with a recipe link. Our recipes are uniquely rated with a colored dot to help you eat healthily. Green dot food items provide you the freedom to eat beyond its serving size if needed.
- Black color food items are store-bought foods.
- For household serving sizes please refer to the recipe cards.
Take advantage of the January special and purchase our January weight loss meal plan for only $15 with coupon code: LoseWt4$15
*Coupon expires on January 31st, 2022
isclaimer: Please note that this page is not medical advice. This can be only used as general guidelines for a healthy and balanced diet for your weight loss journey. Please consult your health care provider prior to following this advice and any menu plan to ensure your personal medical nutritional needs are met. If you have certain health conditions, then purchase our Medical Nutrition Therapy Plan for a customized meal plan tailored to your unique medical nutritional needs to help improve/maintain your health and wellness. Thank you, enjoy the tips and meal plan!
Eat with Intention, Responsibility and Confidence!