Shredded chicken and tuna creation packets are pre-portioned and easy for on the go! These packets are low in calories and have a high protein content, and can solve all your soggy meal problems. Bring these packets with you to work, school, sporting events etc. Then, Pack your bread of choice or other fixings to assemble when you’re ready to eat and you will never have a soggy sandwich or salad again.
Food Coach Rating & Health Benefits for Creation Packets:
These protein packets seems to have these healthy qualities:
- Low in calories per serving
- Healthy balance of fat
- Healthy balance of saturated fat
- Contain zero trans fats
- Healthy balance of total carbohydrates, added sugar & food additives
- No artificial flavor or color
However, Creative Packets have a red dot food rating due to they seems to have the following unhealthy qualities that may have negative health effects if consumed unconsciously!
- High in sodium
- This food seems to contain too much sodium per serving. Our Food Coach recommends no more than 115 mg sodium per 100-125 calories on a general healthy diet. A High sodium diet increases blood pressure which is a known risk factor for heart disease and stroke.
- Low in fiber
- This food seems to be low in fiber for its calorie level per serving. A diet rich in fiber is essential for keeping the digestive system healthy and to reduce the risk of heart problems, diabetes, and obesity. Our Food Coach recommends at least 1.4 grams of fiber (5% of daily value) per 100-125 calories on a general healthy diet.
Please be aware that, this food seems a little high in protein for its calorie level. This food is also not a significant source of Calcium, iron, vitamin D or potassium. Make sure you get these nutrient in your diet from other healthy food sources. As well as, adequate sunlight for vitamin D levels.
Way to enjoy Creation Packets
Some ways to enjoy this creation packets is, on top of a salad with fiber rich veggies. As a stacked sandwich with all the fixings such as lettuce tomato cheese salt and pepper with whole grain bread for added fiber and a balanced meal. Or scooped onto crackers or veggies. Did we forget something? leave us a comment with how you’d eat these protein packets!
Dietitian Nutritionist Recommendations:
Creation protein packets may be incorporated into your diet but should be consumed with caution to be in balance with your daily caloric and nutrients need. No one food is perfect so you need to include foods from all food groups on a general healthy diet (whole grains, whole fruits, vegetables, lean meats, eggs, fish, beans, legumes, lentils and low fat dairy) with minimally added sugar, fat, salt and other food additives. Purchase our Medical Nutrition Therapy for the nutrition plan that is right for you! Use this coupon (MNT20) to receive 20% off the services.
Credits & Attributions
This blog content is created by, Mackenzie Merriman, Dietetic Student Intern and reviewed by Shraddha Chaubey, MS, RDN, CDN/LDN