Smoothies can be a quick and easy way to get your daily fruits and veggies servings along with protein. Try this nutritious and delicious high-protein blueberry banana smoothie with chia seeds for a healthy and quick breakfast or to-go snack.
1. Soak chia seeds in yogurt overnight.
2. Wash blueberries and add all the ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add more water if needed to get the desired consistency. Enjoy and eat with intention, responsibility, and confidence!
Click at the below link for the recipe card!
NutriPledge Food Rating and Therapeutic Health Benefits:
This recipe is rated as a Yellow dot which is a healthy side dish in our food rating system (Food Coach) due to the following health-promoting qualities.
- Moderate in calories per serving
- A healthy balance of carbohydrates, fat, saturated fat, protein, and dietary fiber
- Excellent source of high-quality vegetarian protein (31% DV), dietary fiber (18% DV), healthy fats like polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), and calcium (15% DV)
- No artificial flavor or color or added sugars
- May promote brain, bone, and heart health if consumed as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Dietitian Nutritionist Recommendations:
This smoothie provides about 1 cup of daily fruits and 1/2 cup of dairy requirements. It is also a great source of protein ( 15 grams) and dietary fiber 5 grams). Adding chia seeds to the smoothie boosts the nutritional value further as chia seeds are a good source of heart-healthy omega 3 fats. Omega-3 fats are known for their brain health and their anti-inflammatory properties. This recipe is also a good source of calcium and phosphorus to help strengthen bones.
Disclaimer: Please note that this page is not medical advice. This can only be used as general guidance to a healthy and balanced diet for your health and wellness. This food does not ensure an adequate or inadequate and safe level of intake for a single person. Please consult your health care provider and check out our Medical Nutrition Therapy services for the diet plan that is right for you!
*Curious about how healthy is your food? Check it out at our Food Coach!
*This smoothie recipe page was reviewed and edited by Shraddha Chaubey, MS, RDN, LDN/CDN