- NutriPledge Oatmeal: Microwave 1 cup skim milk in a cup for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup oats, 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts, 2 teaspoons flaxseed, and 1 Tablespoon dried cranberries. Mix well with a spoon. Serves 1.
250 Calories | 105mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Spinach and Mushroom Omelet: Sauté 2 cups spinach and 1 cup mushrooms in 1 teaspoon olive oil. Beat 4 oz egg whites (about 4 eggs) and pour into pan with 1 tsp olive oil. Cook as you would a regular omelet. Add mushrooms and spinach and top with 1/4 cup low fat cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Fold in half and remove from heat. Serves 2. 110 Calories | 330mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Lunch Salad: Mix together 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup baby spinach, 1 Tablespoon grated carrot, 1 Tablespoon feta, 1/4 cup chopped broccoli, 1 diced tomato, 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/6 cup garbanzo beans, and 2 servings NutriPledge Homemade Salad Dressing (see recipe on right). Serves 2. 230 Calories | 260mg sodium | o
- 4. NutriPledge Almond Honey Sandwich: Toast 2 slices whole grain bread. Spread 1 tablespoon almond butter on one slice. Top with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon flaxseed. Cover with other slice. Serves 1.
270 Calories | 240mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Veggie Pita Bread: Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over a medium flame. Add 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and let sputter. Add one red potato diced and cook for about 5 minutes covered. Add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Add 1 10oz package frozen okra and cook 10-15 minutes. Add mixture to 4 whole wheat pita pockets. Serves 4. 260 Calories | 300mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Noodles with Veggies and Tofu: Drain 8 ounces lite tofu and cut into 2-3 inch square pieces. Heat a nonstick wok or skillet. Add 1 Tablespoon canola oil and tofu. Stir on medium heat until golden in color. Cook 2 cups chow mein noodles according to package instructions while cooking tofu. Remove tofu from heat and place in bowl. Add 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables to same skillet and cook until tender. Add cooked and drained noodles, tofu, 1 Tablespoon lite soy sauce, 2 teaspoons vinegar cider, 1 Tablespoon stir fry sauce, 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic cloves, and 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper. Cook over low heat 2 minutes. Serves 4. 220 Calories | 440mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Golden Squash Soup: Boil 3 cups butternut squash in 1 cup water for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add 1 diced onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon diced ginger. Turn off heat and let simmer covered for 5 minutes. Place (including water) into a blender and blend. Add water as needed. Pour into a medium pot on low heat. Add 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth and 1 teaspoon garam masala. Stir well for about 5 minutes. Add 4 Tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seeds to the top. Serves 4. 120 Calories | 115mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Trail Mix: Mix together 1 cup unsalted almonds, 1 cup unsalted walnuts, and 1/2 cup raisins. Serves 8. 230 Calories | 0mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Smoothie: Blend together 1 cup ice cubes, 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt, 1 cup strawberries, and 1 banana. Serves 2. 140 Calories | 45mg sodium | o
- NutriPledge Parfait: Layer 1 cup low fat Greek yogurt, 2 Tablespoons low fat granola, 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds, and 1/6 cup berries in a bowl. Serves 1. 210 Calories | 115mg sodium | o
Simple Low-Moderate Sodium Vegetarian Recipes That Can Change Your Life!
Shraddha Chaubey, MS,RDN,CD-
April 1, 2015