Weight loss weight gain is complicated phenomena and I am no exception. I am also experiencing slow weight gain with my age without making any obvious changes in my eating habits or lifestyle. Being a health professional I think I should know better what to do to avoid weight gain so I did some more research and this is what I came up with. The following 7 science and evidence-based principles will serve me and you as a guide for tapping into our weight loss journey without having to diet.
Principle #1: Start your morning with a cup of fresh green tea!
Green tea can burn fat into fat cells by boosting a hormone (Norepinephrine) then release it into the bloodstream to be used for energy. A wellness green tea recipe is built on our weight loss menu.
Principle #2: Understand your resting metabolic needs!
A negative energy balance is essential to promote weight loss. Your daily caloric intake must be customized to your weight loss/maintenance needs. Chose your daily caloric needs from the Resting Metabolic Weight chart. Resting Metabolic Weight Chart is included with our weight loss meal plan. Chose your portions on the meal plan accordingly.
Principle # 3: Focus on whole foods, mostly plant-based!
A whole food diet has a remarkable capacity to promote weight loss and heal the body. Our weight loss meal plans are built mostly on using whole foods.
Principle #4: Understand and eliminate the root cause of overeating!
The leading cause of obesity is eating more than your body needs. Overeating is natural and often triggered by emotions (happy or sad) and misjudgment (mindless attitude toward food). Don’t use the food to make you feel better. Our weight loss meal plans are built with portion size control to help you stay in control.
Principle # 5: Understand your health conditions and medication related to weight gain!
Hypothyroidism, inactive lifestyle, and certain medications like steroids, oral contraceptives, and insulin can change metabolism and cause weight gain. If you have certain health conditions or on any medications that may be causing weight gain then consult a registered dietitian or try our Medical Nutrition Therapy service for the meal plan that is right for you!
Principle #6: Be flexible but be cautious about the food and portion control!
Our weight loss meal plan is not a diet. This plan aims to introduce you to the basic principles of healthy eating and empower you to go off the meal plan if needed making healthy and cautious decisions about eating the right food in the right portions.
Principle #7: Weigh yourself daily and follow a healthy lifestyle!
Weighing every day matters when it comes to weight loss! Weighing yourself every morning can keep your mind on your weight status. Also, staying active, not smoking, and drinking alcohol excessively are necessary for weight loss.
Our Weight Loss Meal Plan Rationale:
Our weight loss meal plan is designed based on the following science- and evidence-based dietary patterns:
- Carb-consistent with the right balance of healthy carbohydrates, protein, and fat to promote healthy weight and a healthy blood sugar level.
- Meet national dietary regulatory standards to ensure adequate nutrition for optimal health.
- Nutrient distribution is approximately 50 -60% healthy carbohydrates, 15- 20% protein, and 25-30% healthy fats with less than 10% saturated fat, no more than 300 mg cholesterol, 2300 mg sodium, and no trans-fats.
- Provides about 25-30-grams of total dietary fiber with the use of whole grains, whole fruits and vegetables, and no more than 10% added sugars.
- Built with healthy foods and recipes that follow some unique food combination principles for optimum health.
- Use a variety of herbs and spices to enhance the flavor and the therapeutic value of the food to promote overall health and wellness.
- Provide a world of taste and flavor with dietary diversity.
- Comes with various calorie levels: 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, and 2000 to choose from.
- Based on vegetarian meals (Lacto-Ovo), seasonal, and future 50 foods for better health, a better planet, and better value.
Our Weight Loss Meal Plan Standards:
Our weight loss meal plan comes with:
- Various calorie levels, substitution lists, grocery lists, built-in simple recipes, and a *free 30-minute consultation on how to use the menu.
- Three meals and one snack. You can fit those meals and snacks based on your daily routine.
- Our meal plans are built based on a simple home-cooked dinner and the use of leftovers for lunch the next day. Meal prep tips are given when needed for your convenience.
- Colored underlined food items come with a recipe link. Our recipes are uniquely rated with a colored dot to help you eat healthily. Green dot food items provide you the freedom to eat beyond its serving size if needed.
- Black color food items are store-bought foods.
- For household serving sizes please refer to the recipe cards.
Take advantage of the January special and purchase our January weight loss meal plan for only $17 with coupon code: healthy2021
*Coupon expires on January 31st, 2021
*Go to the bottom of the Wellness Meal Plan page, select the monthly subscription, then the January meal plan. Contact us if you have any questions. Good Luck!
Disclaimer: Please note that this Meal plan is not medical advice. This can be only used as general guidelines for a healthy and balanced diet for your health and wellness. This meal plan does not ensure an adequate and safe level of intake for a single person. Please consult your health care provider prior to following this menu plan to ensure your personal medical nutritional needs are met. If you have certain health conditions, then purchase our Medical Nutrition Therapy Plan for a customized meal plan tailored to your unique medical nutritional needs to help improve/maintain your health and wellness. Thank you, enjoy the meal plan, and eat with confidence!